Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, November 05, 2005

My Latest Fix

Ok, so I am taking a belly dance class. The instructor had an awesome belt with all kinds of bells on it. I think she said it was like $70. Being the crafty girl I am, I thought I could make one. I found an awesome belt with a bunch of chains and beads at Target. Perfect! Then I head over to Michael's for some bells... and low and behold... 70% Off yarn! It wasn't a huge amount but it was all so pretty. Normal retail around $8, but on sale for $2. How could I resist a few balls? (Hehe. That sounds funny.) They are Moda Dea brand Vixen and TuTu and I used one to make a scarf.

Here is the scarf I made to practice my new knitting skills. I casted on 15 and did a stockinette (sp?) stitch. (K1 row, P1 row) It only took one ball of the Moda Dea Vixen in "Licorice Whip" to make the whole thing. The edges kinda rolled in so I think it would look good worn folded over like so.

No comments: