Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, August 06, 2007

Baby Shower Recap: Diaper Cake and a Mama Basket

My dear friend S's baby shower was Saturday. It went so nicely and dare I say CUTE. We went with her nursery theme and decorated in beige, cream and white with lambs and star accents.

For the "wishing well" I decorated a laundry hamper with tulle and a garland of wooden stars, a moon and clouds. The wooden shapes are available at the craft store. I painted them and hot glued them to a matching 1/4" ribbon. I am kicking myself because I forgot to take a picture.

My super talented friend, kitten.mom, painted some other wooden decorations and made little cotton ball covered lambs. She even stitched the little faces!


I love that the mama-to-be can take the decorations home and use them in the nursery.

I couldn't resist making a diaper cake! I went simple and elegant with the design this time. Two colors of ribbons and topped with a plush lamb. (Click to this post for links on how to make your own diaper cake.)

And for my gifty, I made up another mama basket. (Click for ideas on making your own.) I think it's my best looking one yet. Can you spot the burpies? The basket was half price at AC Moore and the shred was from the dollar store. Seriously, the wrapping cost as much as a nice gift bag. Not to mention you just can't have enough baskets for blankets, toys, diapers, etc. I was even lucky enough to find a lamb baby shower card at Walmart! Score!


Next post I'll give you the low-down on the crochet lamby toy.

Click over to my main blog to see a pic of the cake S's mom ordered. It matched everything PERFECTLY!

2 comments:

Amy said...

These are too cute for words. I love the theme and the wishing well idea sounds so neat! Great job!

LadyLinoleum said...

How fun! Love the little crocheted lamb!