Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

A Crafty New Year!

I have to admit, I'm a little sad when I look around the craft blogs I frequent to see beauteous Flickr collages of finished projects. While I did finish a few projects, most never made it to Flickr and I know that I didn't accomplish quite as much as I would have liked. I have serious project ADD and it is becoming an issue. Thanks to a toddler and household responsibilities I realize I need to be a bit more methodical in my approach or I am going to drive my myself (and poor Papa K) insane.

When I started this blog over 2 years ago, I was strictly a yarn-a-holic. Then I ventured into other various crafts and most recently rediscovered the joys of sewing. The result? I have many many unloved and unused crafting supplies hanging out in my spare room. As my fabric stash grows I realize I need some help. So the point of all my ramblings? These are my crafty goals for this year....

1) Destash! Via Ebay, FreeCycle or Goodwill, my supplies MUST be contained in either the dresser, closet, underbed or shelving in my spare bedroom. No more bins in the attic or boxes beside the beds.

2) Spend less time on the net, and more time crafting.

3) Formulate a plan for handmade xmas gifts and start working on them this summer.

4) Upload finished projects to Flickr for goodness sakes!

No comments: