Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, December 17, 2007

HandCrafted Holidays Meme: Gifts

Do you have a favorite gift that you love to give?
Throughout the year, I love gift basket or bundles of that adhere to a "theme" This Christmas I was really into the aprons though.
.
If you’re making gifts this year, what are you making?
Aprons, bath salts and a doll for my son.

Here's an apron I made for a "secret santa" gift, bath salts and my progress on the doll:

ETA: Here's a photo of the finished dolly. Do you have any good stories about handcrafted gifts you’ve given or received?
This year my friends and I decided to do a handcrafted or thrifted Christmas gift exchange. It is a fun way to not spend a bunch of money, but still spend time thinking of the other person.
Here's one of those gifts:


Do you have any great gift compilation ideas?

Everyone loves consumable gifts! I like a tea theme for most women. You can get cute cup/saucer sets at the thrift store and add some fancy teas (from BigLots) and homemade or store bought cookies and sweets.

Name one thing on your personal wish list.
A guest room/sewing room/craft room makeover! But more realistically I'd like a copy of Bend the Rules Sewing.

Do you make and sell things that would make fantastic gifts?
Why yes I do, but I think we are getting past the standard shipping deadline. I make sock monkeys and tie dye that I sell as Mama K Creations. I also sell great kids items on Non-Toxic Tots, but they are not handmade. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm interested in how you made the face and hair for your doll. I always have trouble with those parts.

Donnell
djc@hot.rr.com

Teddi said...

Wonderful handmade holiday items - I hope the recipients appreciated all the thought and time that went into them. The doll is simply adorable!

Anonymous said...

I love the doll you made. How did you make the head and get his hair to look like that?
foursilles@aol.com

Tina - omme i London said...

Over the years I have had a few "themed" years, where I've made a bunch of a certain items for various family and friends. Amongst them I can think of the year of the wash bag filled with goodies from the Body Shop, the year of the stationary folder with printed letterhead and matching envelopes and the year of the placemats. I'm sure there have been others. I remember one year when my grandma made PJs for all of her grandchildren and pretty aprons another year. This year I didn't make the presents, but I bought gloves for about six different people. It makes the Christmas shopping that wee bit easier. :)

robiewankenobie said...

i have been looking everywhere for the perfect pattern for a boy doll. where did you get it?!!!

Anonymous said...

I have been wanting to make a cloth doll. I have made reborn berenguers and I have made a pillow body doll but I have not seen a pattern for a doll that looks this nice and simple. Could you share what pattern this is or how you made it? I have 4 girls and I would like to make each girl one!
Thanks! Cassidy
athankfulmommy@aol.com
www.thankfulmommy.com